correction for Bob Kondner

ta...@listserver.pads.com

Nov 30, 2010, 2:21:56 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hey Bob,

We recently discussed the Altium Designer pricing. You were actually correct in the $6500.00 pricing. The Altium website is so not clear.

Basically, the price is correct, but they neglect to tell you that to get the package at $4995.00 or what ever it is, you must get the maint. at +$1500.00

Of Course I explained to the guy that the web site is very misleading.

Scott
IDS
-END- SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet To unsubscribe send a blank email to: leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com

Austin Franklin

Nov 30, 2010, 6:04:11 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi Scott,

I'm not sure you can REQUIRE someone to purchase additional items...like
maintenance. It's typically called "tying", and "tying" is illegal. If
somehow what they are doing isn't "tying", then I don't know if it's legit
or not.

You can do a web search for "tying" and see for your self if it seems
applicable in this case.

Regards,

Austin

Patrick Corbin

Nov 30, 2010, 6:31:17 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
I'm pretty sure they can't require you to purchase maintenance as a requirement of purchase price (in the USA, anyway).

I'm pretty kinda sure that is illegal if they are bundling it that way and you can not buy a seat for
5K without maintenance. I'll be finding out Q1 2011 as we are going to purchase a seat for evaluation (I think).

Patrick