question

Harold F

Dec 11, 2010, 3:00:27 PM12/11/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi,

Is anyone here?

Harold

-END-
SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com

Les Dale

Dec 11, 2010, 4:56:21 PM12/11/10
to Talk Mailing List

I am - what's up?

Les Dale
(775) 230-2564
Sent from my Droid

Paul Brionez

Dec 11, 2010, 7:56:24 PM12/11/10
to Talk Mailing List

I am still listening for signs of intelligent life.

PB Design and Drafting Inc.

Electronic Packaging and Design Integration Service

Paul Brionez - Sr PCB Designer CID +

1018 Harmony Lane

Clermont, Fl 34711

Off 352-404-9352 Fax 352-404-9352

Cell 815-922-0580

pbri...@gmail.com

image001.jpg

Harold F

Dec 11, 2010, 8:09:11 PM12/11/10
to Talk Mailing List
On 12/11/2010 6:56 PM, Paul Brionez wrote:
> I am still listening for signs of intelligent life.

I am just replying to you's and Les's email. Too bad this list has to
go away. I sure enjoyed it. Can we keep it up to see what
happens--when it closes for good. I am in Dallas, and have been a pads
user since before 1980, I guess. I hate to see this go away.

Harold

> PB Design and Drafting Inc.
>
> Electronic Packaging and Design Integration Service
>
> Paul Brionez - Sr PCB Designer CID +
>
> 1018 Harmony Lane
>
> Clermont, Fl 34711
>
> Off 352-404-9352 Fax 352-404-9352
>
> Cell 815-922-0580
>
> pbri...@gmail.com
>

> _____

Les Dale

Dec 11, 2010, 8:46:47 PM12/11/10
to Talk Mailing List
On 12/11/2010 7:15 PM, Les Dale wrote:
> Damn... I recall my post

What other pads are you talking to? The others I have seen doesn't seem
to be as personal as this one. I don't like the others compared to this
one. We seemed to be personally attached in this one.

Harold

> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Paul Brionez<ta...@listserver.pads.com>wrote:
>
>> I am still listening for signs of intelligent life.
>>

>> PB Design and Drafting Inc.
>>
>> Electronic Packaging and Design Integration Service
>>
>> Paul Brionez - Sr PCB Designer CID +
>>
>> 1018 Harmony Lane
>>
>> Clermont, Fl 34711
>>
>> Off 352-404-9352 Fax 352-404-9352
>>
>> Cell 815-922-0580
>>
>> pbri...@gmail.com

>> *Subject:* Re: question

>> I am - what's up?
>>
>> Les Dale
>> (775) 230-2564
>> Sent from my Droid
>>
>> On Dec 11, 2010 12:01 PM, "Harold F"<ta...@listserver.pads.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is anyone here?
>>>
>>> Harold
>>>
>>> -END-
>>> SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet

>> leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com<leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com>

Les Dale

Dec 11, 2010, 9:16:48 PM12/11/10
to Talk Mailing List

Harold, I am going to the mentor site. In time, I think it will grow like this server did.  The up side is people that can really effect change will be watching. It currently has a few issues but give them time.

Les Dale
(775) 230-2564
Sent from my Droid

Message has been deleted

Les Dale

Dec 12, 2010, 12:23:16 PM12/12/10
to Talk Mailing List
Yes, you can be notified when there is a post. I haven't received a lot of them so I don't know if its a problem with the site or inactivity.

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Vic <ta...@listserver.pads.com> wrote:
Les,

The Mentor site you are going to, do they have an email list
feature I can use?

Thanks,
Vic

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 06:16:48PM -0800, ta...@listserver.pads.com wrote:
->    Harold,  I  am going to the mentor site. In time, I think it will grow
->    like  this  server  did.  The up side is people that can really effect
->    change  will  be watching. It currently has a few issues but give them
->    time.
->
->    Les Dale
->    (775) 230-2564
->    Sent from my Droid
->
->    On  Dec  11,  2010  5:47  PM, "Harold F" <[1]ta...@listserver.pads.com>
->    wrote:
->    > On 12/11/2010 7:15 PM, Les Dale wrote:
->    >> Damn... I recall my post
->    >>
->    >
->    >  What  other pads are you talking to? The others I have seen doesn't
->    seem
->    >  to  be as personal as this one. I don't like the others compared to
->    this
->    > one. We seemed to be personally attached in this one.
->    >
->    > Harold
->    >
->    >
->    >> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Paul
->    Brionez<[2]ta...@listserver.pads.com>wrote:
->    >>
->    >>> I am still listening for signs of intelligent life.
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>> PB Design and Drafting Inc.
->    >>>
->    >>> Electronic Packaging and Design Integration Service
->    >>>
->    >>> Paul Brionez - Sr PCB Designer CID +
->    >>>
->    >>> 1018 Harmony Lane
->    >>>
->    >>> Clermont, Fl 34711
->    >>>
->    >>> Off 352-404-9352 Fax 352-404-9352
->    >>>
->    >>> Cell 815-922-0580
->    >>>
->    >>> [3]pbri...@gmail.com
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>> ------------------------------
->    >>>
->    >>> *From:* Les Dale [mailto:[4]ta...@listserver.pads.com]
->    >>> *Sent:* Saturday, December 11, 2010 4:56 PM
->    >>> *To:* Talk Mailing List
->    >>> *Subject:* Re: question
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>>
->    >>> I am - what's up?
->    >>>
->    >>> Les Dale
->    >>> (775) 230-2564
->    >>> Sent from my Droid
->    >>>
->    >>>  On Dec 11, 2010 12:01 PM, "Harold F"<[5]ta...@listserver.pads.com>
->    wrote:
->    >>>> Hi,
->    >>>>
->    >>>> Is anyone here?
->    >>>>
->    >>>> Harold
->    >>>>
->    >>>> -END-
->    >>>> SupportNet: [6]http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
->    >>>
->    [7]leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com<[8]leave-talk-5140Y@listserve
->    r.pads.com>
->    >>>
->    >>>> For assistance please send mail to [9]talkli...@mentor.com
->    >>>
->    >>>    -END-   SupportNet:   [10]http://www.mentor.com/supportnet   To
->    unsubscribe send a
->    >>>   blank  email  to:  [11]leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com  For
->    assistance
->    >>> please send mail to [12]talkli...@mentor.com
->    >>> -END-
->    >>> SupportNet: [13]http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
->    >>> [14]leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
->    >>> For assistance please send mail to [15]talkli...@mentor.com
->    >>>
->    >>
->    >>
->    >>
->    >
->    >
->    > -END-
->    > SupportNet: [16]http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
->    [17]leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
->    > For assistance please send mail to [18]talkli...@mentor.com
->
->    -END- SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet To unsubscribe send
->    a  blank email to: leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com For assistance
->    please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com
->
-> References
->
->    1. mailto:ta...@listserver.pads.com
->    2. mailto:ta...@listserver.pads.com
->    3. mailto:pbri...@gmail.com
->    4. mailto:ta...@listserver.pads.com
->    5. mailto:ta...@listserver.pads.com
->    6. http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
->    7. mailto:leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
->    8. mailto:leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
->    9. mailto:talkli...@mentor.com
->   10. http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
->   11. mailto:leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
->   12. mailto:talkli...@mentor.com
->   13. http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
->   14. mailto:leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
->   15. mailto:talkli...@mentor.com
->   16. http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
->   17. mailto:leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
->   18. mailto:talkli...@mentor.com
->
-> Lynx file /etc/lynx.lss is not available.
->

--
Les Dale
775-230-2564

John Matthews

Dec 13, 2010, 10:22:52 AM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List
I've been monitoring the Mentor list off an on for the last couple or four weeks (more off than on, since it's essentially an on-line forum). Inactivity seems to be SOP there.

I just went and looked and, except for a couple, the posts there are at least a month old. And questions often don't seem to get answered in a timely manner, if at all.

Also, no jokes, no OT items, and no (or VERY restrained - or maybe removed??) open complaining about function or lack thereof...

BTW, you can get email notifications, but only for posts you make, comment on, or flag, and you have to set an option if you want the body of the postings in the email notifications. You have to go to the site to comment or whatever, you can't comment via email, at least as far as I can tell.

Not very conducive for the types of exchanges we had here on this LIst.

JM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Matthews ~ ionDesign, Inc.
Email: jmat...@ionDesign.com
Office: 512-260-5778 x308

Skype: jfmatthews55

John Duquette

Dec 13, 2010, 11:06:25 AM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List

There is a way to get the new list to send e-mail notifications about everything (before you go to the web-site to see the detail).  I don’t remember it off the top of my head so let me know if you can’t find it and I’ll figure it out again.

The new list annoyingly keeps sending me e-mail from the community_admin about old posts.  Suddenly I’ll have 30 new posts in my inbox about very old posts that haven’t changed in months.  I can’t figure out how to turn that off so I just delete everything from community_admin.

John D

Dec 13, 2010, 11:09:54 AM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List
Yep...I tried the "Pads Community"...it is a DRAG compared to this one
I couldnt get the "auto login"/remeber me" feature to work like they said
it was suppoded to work - so I had to re login everytime just to post....so I'm just gonna muddle thru without any help or contact from all ya all anymore. They had a perfectly good forum here that was invaluable at times;along with the rants; humor;etc and they just
had to break it.

PEACE-OUT
Patrick

->    [17]%%email.unsub%%
-END- SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet To unsubscribe send a blank email to: leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com

John Matthews

Dec 13, 2010, 11:56:39 AM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List
The attached is the only email set up I can find...

JM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Matthews ~ ionDesign, Inc.
Email: jmat...@ionDesign.com
Office: 512-260-5778 x308

Skype: jfmatthews55

There is a way to get the new list to send e-mail notifications about everything (before you go to the web-site to see the detail).  I don’t remember it off the top of my head so let me know if you can’t find it and I’ll figure it out again.

The new list annoyingly keeps sending me e-mail from the community_admin about old posts.  Suddenly I’ll have 30 new posts in my inbox about very old posts that haven’t changed in months.  I can’t figure out how to turn that off so I just delete everything from community_admin.

John D

Dec 13, 2010, 1:52:34 PM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List

When you are ‘in a community’ you need to select ‘Follow this community’ on the right side in the Actions box.  Check out my “RSS feeds – how long until they post?” thread; it devolved into the e-mail topic.

This is still weird though, because my profile says I’m following no communities.  I wonder if I just broke something and the e-mail will stop, or if the profile is just broken.

-END-
SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet

John Matthews

Dec 13, 2010, 4:20:59 PM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List
Not too obvious, but I'm trying that to see how it works.

JM
->    >>>   blank  email  to:  [11]%%email.unsub%%  For

John Duquette

Dec 13, 2010, 5:09:22 PM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List

And I’m still getting emails from the Mentor group, so it looks like you can’t trust your profile settings.