OT---Global Warming

Harold F

Nov 30, 2010, 7:57:30 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi,

I wanting to send this out, but had not got around to it.

I hope you guys and girls have a happy life, and much success.

Harold

-END-
SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com

WHY THERE IS GLOBAL WARMING No Picture.rtf

Robert Kondner

Nov 30, 2010, 9:43:19 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi,,

Harold, I love it.

I would not worry about them kicking you off the list! :-)

Thanks,
Bob K.

Les Dale

Nov 30, 2010, 10:15:04 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
It was an interesting read.  The mention of influence by other planets was a stretch, the Jupiter effect a few years back was a dud.

--
Les Dale
775-230-2564

ta...@listserver.pads.com

Nov 30, 2010, 10:20:12 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Well you know, Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet. Besides, the modern ice age threat had to be attempted first.

John Duquette

Dec 1, 2010, 8:31:03 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Okay, I'll bite... What about all the trees that we cut down and
haven't replaced around the world that aren't there to gather up all
that CO2 anymore? Is that mis-information too?

John D

Dec 1, 2010, 8:40:05 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
John,

I recall reading oceans sink the carbon.

I recall reading that back in the late 1800 or early 1900 Pennsylvania had
pretty much been stripped of trees. Firewood, charcoal and building, I
think. But the areas have re-grown.

Did anyone else hear this? Maybe I got it wrong.

Bob K.

Lenny Komorowski

Dec 1, 2010, 8:41:07 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
It's not just the trees. The oceans used to be filled with carbon
absorbing plants like plankton and algae. Much of it is gone, either
through natural occurrences or through pollution. Let's not forget that
the planet is covered mostly by water.

The issue with the trees is that , you don't do much to the balance of
contained carbon until you burn the tree and release all the carbon that
it has stored, back in to the atmosphere.

Grasslands actually absorb much more CO2 than a forest does.

Lenny Komorowski

718 Walsh Rd
Madison, Wi 53714

John Duquette

Dec 1, 2010, 8:43:17 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
The same thing happened here in Michigan. Luckily in North America we
figured out that replanting the trees is required. I've heard that the
third world countries just 'cut and run' and that's where the problem
arises. It's all about profit!

John D

John Duquette

Dec 1, 2010, 8:44:55 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Thanks Lenny. That's it! Invent CO2 absorbing (and O2 generating)
blacktop to replace those grasslands and we'll save the world!

John D

Gary Dadds

Dec 1, 2010, 8:47:21 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
That's true, slash and burn to grow produce for export to the major
users.
Gary D

I recall reading oceans sink the carbon.

I recall reading that back in the late 1800 or early 1900 Pennsylvania
had
pretty much been stripped of trees. Firewood, charcoal and building, I
think. But the areas have re-grown.

Did anyone else hear this? Maybe I got it wrong.

Bob K.

John D

Hi,

Harold

believed to be clean.

Gary Dadds

Dec 1, 2010, 8:42:07 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
It's my impression that it's not the change in temperatures that is the
problem but the rate of change which is considered to be the man made
element.
Gary D

John,

Bob K.

John D

Hi,

Harold

Cliff Harris

Dec 1, 2010, 10:15:13 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Al Gore didn't invent the Internet, but he was the one who pushed and pushed Congress for FUNDING of ARPANET, which was the beginning of the Internet.  He deserves a LOT of credit for that.

Gary Dadds

Dec 1, 2010, 10:39:32 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List

I think you will find that ARPANET was only one systems being worked on concurrently around the beginning of the 1970s. Packet switching was actually coined by  Donald Davies in the early 60s and built his Mark 1 at about the same time as ARPANET was coming into existence.

Gary D