Survey

Les Dale

Nov 30, 2010, 11:21:02 AM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
I'm just curious where everyone is going to land.  Please take a second and take this survey.  I'll post the results at 2:00 pacific so the right coast can view it as well.  There may be more options, but these are the three being discussed.

--
Les Dale
775-230-2564

William Lawless

Nov 30, 2010, 11:24:32 AM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List

There should be a fourth selection: NONE

Stout.Jean

Nov 30, 2010, 11:27:13 AM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List

Like herding cats J

ta...@listserver.pads.com

Nov 30, 2010, 12:27:21 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Not sure google is an option. Dave may shut it down. He never did say if it was going to stay up or not.

What do you say Dave White?

John W

John Matthews

Nov 30, 2010, 3:44:57 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
And a fifth - "Not Sure"

JM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Matthews ~ ionDesign, Inc.
Email: jmat...@ionDesign.com
Office: 512-260-5778 x308

Skype: jfmatthews55

There should be a fourth selection: NONE

I'm just curious where everyone is going to land.  Please take a second and take this survey.  I'll post the results at 2:00 pacific so the right coast can view it as well.  There may be more options, but these are the three being discussed.

--
Les Dale
775-230-2564

-END-
SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com

Les Dale

Nov 30, 2010, 5:26:57 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
OK - Survey Monkey's results looks a little banana's.  The numbers don't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I'm leaning towards Mentor.  The site should exist as long as there is PADS. I don't know who is supporting the Yahoo site, but they may decide to die one day.  Also, Mentor's allows you to have a cool avatar and photo's.  Wherever you decide to land (or not) good luck and take care...

survey.JPG

And a fifth - "Not Sure"
-END-
SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com
survey.JPG

John Duquette

Nov 30, 2010, 5:39:38 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List

I do plan to die some day, but I heard Austin will live forever!

It’s been fun!!!

John D

image001.jpg
Message has been deleted

Cliff Harris

Nov 30, 2010, 5:50:43 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
I voted for both Mentor and Yahoo, so that might explain why the numbers don't add up to 100%.
survey.JPG

Peter Lambert

Nov 30, 2010, 5:51:56 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
absolutely 100% agree, don't have time to surf, when you need a bit of help
you need it now, we use this list because it helps us get the job done, I'll
give the yahoo list a spin, they've been doing this for a long time and I'm
on plenty of other lists there that work well

Peter Lambert

Nov 30, 2010, 5:58:25 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Vote early and vote often.  I thought it may be something like that.  Just didn't spend the time to see if that was allowed.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Cliff Harris <ta...@listserver.pads.com> wrote:
I voted for both Mentor and Yahoo, so that might explain why the numbers don't add up to 100%.

OK - Survey Monkey's results looks a little banana's.  The numbers don't make a whole lot of sense to me.  I'm leaning towards Mentor.  The site should exist as long as there is PADS. I don't know who is supporting the Yahoo site, but they may decide to die one day.  Also, Mentor's allows you to have a cool avatar and photo's.  Wherever you decide to land (or not) good luck and take care...

survey.JPG

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:44 PM, John Matthews <ta...@listserver.pads.com> wrote:
And a fifth - "Not Sure"

JM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Matthews ~ ionDesign, Inc.
Email: jmat...@ionDesign.com
Office: 512-260-5778 x308

Skype: jfmatthews55

There should be a fourth selection: NONE

Patrick Corbin

Nov 30, 2010, 6:33:20 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
BTW, MENTOR.......as a last comment:

This $ucks!

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Vic <ta...@listserver.pads.com> wrote:

This is what we need

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/index.html

No yahoo, gmail, facebook,,, gui junk required.
Just send email to the moderator(s),
Get apporved,
And you are in.

Who belongs to an ISP that offers this tool?

--
Vic

-END-
SupportNet:  http://www.mentor.com/supportnet

Robert Kondner

Nov 30, 2010, 7:53:43 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi,

I do. I have a Dreamhost.com account where I have a PartSync.com site.

I really like Dreamhost.com, they have loads of good features and are very
low cost. They support Python so MailMan should run fine.

I also have an IIS site and another Linux site. I have a complete Adobe CS3
system and ASP.NET and PHP tool sets.

Bob Kondner
Bob at Kondner period com

Dec 1, 2010, 8:27:51 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi Vic,

I wondered about the moderation too so I checked into it. The default
is new users get moderated until they send a message so the admins can
tell they aren't spam. Then they get un-moderated.

It looks like we may have a mailman option too so we'll see what
happens.

John D