Anyone Out There? Using OneNote

Robert Kondner

Dec 11, 2010, 9:23:13 PM12/11/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone ever looked at using OneNote as a container for
the various data files used in PCB design.

Bob K.

-END-
SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com

winmail.dat

Orlan Thatcher

Dec 13, 2010, 1:29:28 PM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List

Bob,

  That might be a good use for it.  I have a copy (included in an MS Office suite) and have not even looked at it - as I did not know just where it could be applied to my benifit.  Thanks for the suggestion, and let us know how it works out, if you decide to try it.

Regards,

Orlan Thatcher

Robert Kondner

Dec 13, 2010, 1:42:01 PM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List

Orlan,

I just finished a paper for APEX on using Low Cost Tools for managing PCB information. I went through OneNote some, I really need to spend more time learning the details of Outlook integration.

I went and got copies of Outlook 2010 and Windows 7 loaded, there are actually a load of neat features.

If you are interested see: www.kondner.com/APEX_2011_RKondner.zip

Bob K.

Dec 13, 2010, 1:47:44 PM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List

Bob,

  I will take a look at that.

Thanks,

Orlan

G A Crowel

Dec 13, 2010, 2:27:00 PM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List

I know a fellow who has used it extensively to organize his files (not pcb tho), but I don’t know if he still does.  You can ask him tho.  Sign up on www.eeweb.com (easy); he’s a moderator there: Joe Wolin.

Gary

Robert Kondner

Dec 13, 2010, 2:54:38 PM12/13/10
to Talk Mailing List