combining schematics

rwetz

Dec 22, 2010, 9:09:23 AM12/22/10
to pads-us...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group,
I'm using Pads 9.0.2.
I know this has been done thousands of times, but this is a first for
me. We have two separate boards and two separate schematics, and we
want to combine then into one board. I added extra sheets to sch A and
copy/pasted sch B onto the end of sch A. All seemed to go fine. I
expected it to complain that I now had, say, two R1 or two C1, but
that didn't happen. A look at project explorer indicates that I have
unique Ref Des for all components. I know I wasn't that lucky. Did
Pads auto-renumber the components? The box to "Preserve Ref Des on
paste" is checked. I'd just like to understand what's going on with
this. The manual doesn't have any info on this. TIA.

Bob

rwetz

Dec 22, 2010, 9:36:21 AM12/22/10
to pads-us...@googlegroups.com
Follow up.......
I compared the old sch B to the combined schematic, and sure enough,
the conflicting parts got renumbered.

Bob