When did this list start?

Robert Kondner

Nov 30, 2010, 9:44:54 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List

Hi,

 As the list goes down I was wondering when it was started? Anyone know?

Bob K.

-END-
SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com

John Matthews

Nov 30, 2010, 9:52:33 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
I don't know, at least 15 years I think.

One thing, would the last person here turn out the lights?

JM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Matthews ~ ionDesign, Inc.
Email: jmat...@ionDesign.com
Office: 512-260-5778 x308

Skype: jfmatthews55

Les Dale

Nov 30, 2010, 10:17:39 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
That's a great trivia question - I got on around ten years ago.

--
Les Dale
775-230-2564

Dick

Dec 1, 2010, 8:00:25 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List

Please add me di...@spinpcb.com

Dick Marchand

Spin PCB Solutions Inc.

Hawker <hawker@ashevillecommunity.org>

Dec 1, 2010, 11:14:03 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
I started while I worked for Xichron. That was from 1995 to 1998 so it started somewhere in there.

Hawker

ta...@listserver.pads.com

Dec 1, 2010, 11:36:18 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
It's Dec 1 but not dead yet

this particular list started around late 1998 by Tom Woundy or at least he annouced it's unleashing), there were at least two other iterations of online help/forum/ before that that lasted a couple years each.

Olav Folland

Robert Kondner

Dec 1, 2010, 12:40:18 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Knowing Mentor it will probably go down Tuesday.

Is that right Dave?

Bob K.

Dec 1, 2010, 12:54:24 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Vic <ta...@listserver.pads.com> wrote:

Mentor disabled new membership signups.  That alone will lead to
the demise of this list.  They may never actually kill it, just
let it bleed to death.  Users should begin their migration.
I also cannot find the link to the list at Mentor, maybe they hid
it, maybe I cannot find it.

-- Vic

-END-
SupportNet:  http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
For assistance please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com

--
Les Dale
775-230-2564
Message has been deleted

Cliff Harris

Dec 1, 2010, 1:28:25 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
In the upper left hand corner are several options: "Welcome, Guest Login
Register".

Choose Register

Yup, went there, but cannot find a signup link or a link to read
these posts.

--
Vic

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 09:54:24AM -0800, ta...@listserver.pads.com wrote:
-> [1]http://communities.mentor.com/mgcx/community/pcb/pads
->
->
->
->
->
-> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Vic <[2]ta...@listserver.pads.com>
-> wrote:
->
-> Mentor disabled new membership signups. That alone will lead to
-> the demise of this list. They may never actually kill it, just
-> let it bleed to death. Users should begin their migration.
-> I also cannot find the link to the list at Mentor, maybe they hid
-> it, maybe I cannot find it.
-> -- Vic
->
-> -END-
-> SupportNet: [3]http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
-> [4]leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
-> For assistance please send mail to [5]talkli...@mentor.com
->
-> --
-> Les Dale
-> 775-230-2564
-> -END- SupportNet: http://www.mentor.com/supportnet To unsubscribe send
-> a blank email to: leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com For
assistance
-> please send mail to talkli...@mentor.com
->
-> References
->
-> 1. http://communities.mentor.com/mgcx/community/pcb/pads
-> 2. mailto:ta...@listserver.pads.com
-> 3. http://www.mentor.com/supportnet
-> 4. mailto:leave-ta...@listserver.pads.com
-> 5. mailto:talkli...@mentor.com
->
-> Lynx file /etc/lynx.lss is not available.
->

Message has been deleted

Dave White

Dec 1, 2010, 3:07:03 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
It's not in my hands. The transition will take place when we have all
our ducks in a row.

Best I can tell ya...

-Dave

Knowing Mentor it will probably go down Tuesday.

Is that right Dave?

Bob K.

this particular list started around late 1998 by Tom Woundy or at least
he annouced it's unleashing), there were at least two other iterations
of online help/forum/ before that that lasted a couple years each.

Robert Kondner

Dec 1, 2010, 3:14:05 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Dave,

So what will Mentor do with the ducks once they are "All In A Row"? :-)

If you like you can line up my pony with the ducks.

Bob K.

John Matthews

Dec 1, 2010, 3:16:39 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
So. Since it was scheduled 4Q this year, we can expect it to happen 2Q or 3Q next year, right?   d ; ^ )

Snarky John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John Matthews ~ ionDesign, Inc.
Email: jmat...@ionDesign.com
Office: 512-260-5778 x308

Skype: jfmatthews55

Dec 1, 2010, 3:26:23 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List

John,

Maybe Mentor only had a 18 month license for the List Server code and their supplier went belly up.

Or maybe they could not get a USB key for the old version.

Bob K.

Hawker <hawker@ashevillecommunity.org>

Dec 1, 2010, 6:52:47 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
On 12/1/2010 11:36 AM, Mark Larson wrote:
> It's Dec 1 but not dead yet

Not dead yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFXGwHsD_A

Leonard Alexman

Dec 1, 2010, 7:41:01 PM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
There was an SR issued to fix the problem. Engineering decided it was such a
large effort that the decided to postpone it . It will be reviewed again in
April 2011.

Dec 2, 2010, 8:40:40 AM12/2/10
to Talk Mailing List
: )