My 2020 4 Seasons Paddles

Johnny Stakes

Dec 6, 2020, 6:39:17 PM12/6/20
to paddle.novascotia
Feb 17 - mid afternoon canoe trip on the North West Arm - launched at the Dingle mid afternoon.  Met an older couple launching at the Dingle on my return.
March 29 - Cranberry Lake by Bluff Trail; launch off of highway 103 by the little pond.  Water high enough to pass under the little bridge. but had to turn back as the ice was too thick.
May 3 - Otter Lake; launched at pond - not my favourite place but it is a quick easy paddle fix; 6:50 am launch - lots of May flies.
May 6 - 5:09 am launch at Cranberry Lake - up to the look off at the top of the lake for sunrise
May 7 - (can't read my handwriting)
May 8 - NorthWest Arm to South End Container Pier and return; 5:33 am launch from Dingle - beautiful sunrise
May 14 - Long Lake Provincial Park
May 15 - 5:58 am launch from Seaview Park - crossed over to Navy Island and return
May 21 - Day Break launch on Sandy Lake around Scout Island  to damn above Rafter Lake and return.  Beautiful calm morning.
May 23 - Waverly Game Sanctuary - into Warden's Cabin and return; grueling trip back because of the winds
June 20 - early morning cruise around Lake Lake Provincial Park
July 2 - paddle on the Baddeck River - launched from Big Farm
July 16 - quick early morning paddle around Ragged Lake since I never did it.  Stop at the bunker.
July 17 - North West Arm - Spectacular Sunrise of off Point Pleasant by Hens & Chickens
July 18 - Dartmouth side launch to Navy Island - behind Tims - it was after rains and the water was grouse on the Dartmouth launch site
July 19 - Fantastic day - paddle around MacNabs with a rest stop at Hang Mans Beach and Lawlor Island
July 24 - 5:10 am launch from highway into pond and into Cranberry Lake by the Bluff Trail .... also took a quick loop into Pots Lake - all before work..
July 28 - Launch the canoe at the top end of Long Lake Provincial Park off of the Bay Rd. It was a paddle for my grand niece who is three.
July 29 - 4:55 am launch at boat ramp at Seaview Park - up the harbour and return
July 30 - North West Arm for day break - launched at Horseshoe Island
Aug 9 - 8:00 launch from beach at Eastern Passage and canoed around  Devils Island; also landed on Island.  There is a little bech on the Inner Harbour side of the island.
Aug 15 - 6:30 am launch at Big Hubley and down to Big Five Bridge Lake and over to a little beach behind an Island.  It was head winds on the way back.  Although pooped it was a great adventure.
August 30 - poked around Susie & Quarry Lake and then into Fox Lake.  Water was extremely low.
Sept 1 - 6:30 am from boat launch at the Baddeck yaught club.  Paddle past lighthouse and across to Washabuck, around Bone Island and back to Baddeck
Sept 1 -,late morning launch at Skye River at Whycocomagh canoed down past the reserve and around the fish pens and circled the First Nations's island.  The  scenery was breathtaking.
Sept 5 - 6:15am launch by the highway bridge and canoed up to Harris Brook and around the little and returned.  It was a rushed excursion but on a river where I learned to canoe as a kid.
Sept 20 - Back to Susie Lake with a 7:22 am launch at the bottom of the old Nun's Road.  I no longer park at the normal parking spot off of the highway.  Although a longer carry I now park between the Exit 2 sighn and the guard rail at the top of the ramp into Bayers Lake.  Although a longer carry it is much safer to exit from and easier on the car.
Oct 24 - Frederick Lake to the Bluff trail to complete the cross over portions of the second loop of the trail.  Took a while to locate the DOT drainage ditch and path, although I had accessed it a few years back.
Sept 27 - I was alway curious about how to get into Five Mile Lake without driving the service road.  Portaged into the lake off of Highway 101- launched at Beeswanger Dam.
Nov 22 - 7:35 am launch into Susie Lake - did the full loop:  Susie, Big Cranberry, Three Fingers, Crane, Ash, Fox, Quarry and back to Susie.
There were a couple other trips into Susie  but I don't recall the dates.  Working from home due to Covid made it possible to enjoy the many early morning canoe trips around Metro Halifax..... but it was always a mad dash home to be online at the dedicated time. Sadly, didn't make back to South Lake & Big St. Margarets Bay Lake, etc.on the Ingraham River this season.

--
"I have always been regretting that I was not as wise as the day I was born"