Quick trip on the Stewiacke

Alan W.

Mar 14, 2021, 4:06:33 PM3/14/21
to paddle.novascotia
I moved to Upper Stewiacke last summer.  The house is a 500m carry to the river, so I took advantage of that Friday evening.  It was a small mercy that I could fine all of the important bits in short order after the move.  It took about half an hour to pole and paddle up from the bridge at Branch Rd. to the bridge at Southside Rd., and about 20 minutes to float back.  There were a few mallards on the river, but it appears to be too early for the fish to have moved back into this section of the river.  The water was very clear and the river clear of rocks.  The water level left a lot of good polling sections on the inside of bends, so moving up the river wasn't a chore.

  I am concerned that my canoe is not getting enough exercise, as it seems to have gained weight since I last carried it more than the twenty paces from resting spot to moving truck last August.
Cheers,
Al

IMG_20210311_165848_4.jpg  IMG_20210311_163230_5.jpg

PS - If anyone is looking for shuttle service or the like for a float down the river, drop me a line.  Al: s.fontinalis "at" pm.me