Killag/ West River, Sheet Harbour

Dave Greene

Apr 10, 2022, 6:21:41 PM4/10/22
to paddle.novascotia
Curiosity final got the best of me.  I ve been eyeing these rivers for a long time.  I scouted the top of both the West River and the Killag river from the top on Beaver Dam rd. and figure both are runnnable at the current water level.  However, being along with no information I opted to start at the Bridge over the Killag on Killag river rd.

It was a beautiful 4km of stillwaters with fantastic fishing followed by 1km of runnable swifts.  The West river, sheet harbour was stunning.  Very wild feeling place.  The west river is NOT a pool drop, it very much runs.  Class 1/2 with a couple of river wide ledges that posed no problems.

Although it was a cold day, it was perfect.  Excited to get back up there and learn more.  Would be great to have some company next time!

I finished by walking 5km back to my truck.  I bicycle would have been helpful!

Dave Greene
Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 7.15.58 PM.png