Blue Mountain - Birch Cove Lakes Wilderness Area

Noah Booth

Nov 4, 2020, 6:20:49 PM11/4/20
to PaddleNovaScotia
I recently canoed the Blue Mountain - Birch Cove Lakes Wilderness Area canoe route. If you're familiar with the area you're probably aware access is suspect at best, so I attempted to access the route from the south from my backyard in Timberlea. Weather was excellent, no bugs, and NO people. Incredible weekend.

I made a video
https://youtu.be/QOAXI45cLVs

Happy Paddling
Noah

Dusan Soudek

Nov 4, 2020, 9:42:45 PM11/4/20
to PaddleNovaScotia
Noah,
  a great video! Well done! I re-posted it on the Friends of Blue Mountain – Birch Cove Lakes FB page...
Dusan Soudek

Davis Bennett

Nov 5, 2020, 8:56:44 AM11/5/20
to noahc...@gmail.com, PaddleNovaScotia
Noah, thanks so much for posting this -- it's a great video and I love watching and listening to your videos while I work :)  I love this area and hike in it all the time with my dog. Susie's Lake is the first place that I ever camped without parents and so it holds a very special place in my heart. To me, it's like a mini Keji that is 5 minutes drive from my house and a place that is worth more undeveloped than it would be holding apartment buildings and houses.

Keep on keeping on man!
--Davis Bennett

One man's 'magic' is another man's engineering.
'Supernatural' is a null word.

-- Robert A. Heinlein