Frederick Lake Portage to Five Island Lake

Paul Berry

Aug 6, 2020, 6:16:31 AM8/6/20
to paddleno...@googlegroups.com, WRWEO
Had the chance to  explore the portage between Frederick Lake and Five Island Lake near Hubley, NS - portage is overgrown at both ends, we only covered about two thirds of it (about 1 hour spent exploring the portage).  We missed the trail heading west and inadvertently took a well used spur that went up into the subdivision. Unfortunately we did not have time to explore the missed trail.

image.png
image.png

Lesley

Aug 16, 2020, 7:23:03 AM8/16/20
to paddle.novascotia
I did the same thing this week except I did a short portage to the stillwater and then got on the portage again. There trail did look very overgrown where it went around stillwater.

I also took the spur trail into the subdivision because there were so many trails back there and I wasn't sure which trail was the portage. The start of each portage is well marked with the green portage trail but I didn't know which way to go at intersections.

I thought there used to be a portage from Black Point Lake into Frederick Lake bit I was unable to find it.

I have some free time later in fall and would be happy to help with some trail maintenance if there is a small group doing some and Covid allows for it.

Lesley