Easter Paddle, Saturday March 30th

Bernie and Wendy Levy

Mar 17, 2024, 10:30:04 PMMar 17
to Bernie and Wendy Levy
"2024 Easter Paddle'' Saturday March 30th on the Shubenacadie River from Enfield to Lantz or places in between.
This paddle has always been a "paddle at your own risk" with safe canoeing practices at the forefront. This means wearing life jackets/PFDs, having bailer, throw bag, sounding device, spare paddle, dressed appropriately and common sense. No alcohol or cannabis.
This is a 9 - 10 k paddle on moving water with swift entry and exit and about 3 downstream V's with lots of time for setup. Although relatively an easy paddle for moving water this would not be suitable for beginner paddlers for this time of year. Short crafts (under 12ft) would note be the best choice for this group paddle, difficult to keep up with the other crafts.
We plan to go to the Big Stop in Enfield for breakfast again this year and Imbert Allen will warn them to expect us from 8 – 9. If you wish not to join us, meet us at the put-in.
Note: you no longer can get a breakfast under $10:00, here's the menu link  BS23-212 Big Stop Winter Placemat Menus NS.pdf (irvingoil.com)
If you are passing on the breakfast, we plan to meet at 9:00 ish in Enfield at riverside parking spot (First Nation Fish Weir Location) off Highway 2 just before the Enfield Bridge. We will unload and then shuttle cars (approx. 30 min) to the take-out spot(s). The Brickyard Park will be closed this year, so we will be taking out at Elmsdale Bridge or the New Lantz Bridge. At Lantz the takeout may be muddy so boots would be wise
It is a 2 to 3 hr paddle with a snack/hot chocolate/treat/whatever you bring, break at the Elmsdale bridge.
Hope to see you there. Any questions just send me an email.
Bernie

Aim high, time flies!
Bernie