Info downstream of Shannon Lake?

Chelsea Robins

Apr 22, 2021, 8:13:50 AM4/22/21
to paddle.novascotia
Looking for information on the stretch of water from Scotchman's Lip on Squirreltown Rd. to Alpena Rapids, above the dam at Nictaux.

Thanks,
Chelsea

David Ripley

Apr 22, 2021, 8:41:30 AM4/22/21
to robinsne...@gmail.com, paddle.novascotia
Hi chelsea,
We actually paddled from trout lake to the dam on the nictau several yeas ago in may.. A relatively leisurly 2 day paddle with a couple of short portages.The section you are interezted includes a number of swifts that are paddlable down to the gorge at alpena. We didnt run it and chose to portage around...it was a steep climb to the rail trail above.
Have fun, but scout before running the swifts..scotsmans was a fun, runnable drop.
Dave ripley