Support for alert () function in pacterster

Jason Curnow

Jun 25, 2009, 12:01:56 AM6/25/09
to pactester
I just started up a PAC-file related website (http://
www.returnproxy.com) where I made mention of your tool, even thought I
hadn't had a chance to use it. Someone there made mention that it
errors out when you use an alert () in your PAC file, as though
pactester doesn't recognize it as a valid function.

Is this something that could be added? Alert is very handy
troubleshooting and diagnostic tool to have in a PAC file and it would
be great if pactester could support PAC files with this function.
Thanks! \

- Jason

Jason Curnow

Jun 25, 2009, 2:47:28 AM6/25/09
to pactester
Hmm. I've been doing some more testing and found that alert() seems
to work nicely on non-Windows platforms.

FYI, I wrote a quick web front end wrapper for the PAC tester so that
you don't have to actually install it - Just copy and paste your PAC
file into the form and it will run it against the PAC tester. Check
out http://www.returnproxy.com and look in the Reference and Tools
menu.

Thanks again for a great tool!

- Jason