Re: !!! PACPARSER/TESTER !!! URGENT HELP NEEDED !!!

Manu Garg

Jun 1, 2008, 6:53:03 AM6/1/08
to Christian Jammerbund, pact...@googlegroups.com
+pact...@googlegroups.com

Please mail all queries to the group, not to me.

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Christian Jammerbund
<christian....@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear manugarg,
>

> I really need urgent help in order to finish a software project for my
> company, GPA:
>

> I am writing a software project in DELPHI which uses the internet to access
> HTTP PDF files. In some companies although (like in mine!) a proxy-server is
> in use, so my program need to be "proxy/PAC intelligent"
>

> pactester / pacparser seem to be the solution for my problem but just won't
> work ... WHY?
>
> my environment:
>

> - Internet Explorer, AutoConfigUrl =
> http://intranet.oegb.net/gpaconfig
>
> - I found out that "gpaconfig" is already the name of the PAC file,
> so the extension ".PAC" is missing
>
> - my target URL (where my software tries to connect)
> http://www.usbsync.at
>

> So I thought the right way to use pacparser/pactester would be....
>

> (CMD) pactester –p gpaconfig.pac –u http://www.usbsync.at –h
> www.usbsync.at
>

> ...nothing happens ... cannot parse pac file

Strange. Can you please send your pac file (maybe after replacing all
the confidential names)?

> also tried –p http://intranet.oegb.net/gpaconfig or -p
> intranet.oegb.net/gpaconfig (also together with .PAC)
>

> ...still nothing happens. :-(

This will not work as pactester doesn't download pac files from web.

> has it something to do with the fact that my company didnt name the file
> WPAD.DAT or PROXY.PAC (which seem to be the standard) ???

Name doesn't matter.

> I also noticed that if I start IE for the first time the day (and
> AutoConfigUrl is triggered) it takies nearly 10 seconds until IE starts to
> resolve the startpage ...

It seems your PAC file is doing some DNS resolves.

> I would really appreciate your urgent reply and am looking forward to
> following answers / tips:
>

> - what would be the right syntax for PACTESTER in my case?

Right syntax will be the first one that you mentioned: pactester -p
pacfile -u URL
(-h host is optional)

> - how can i use PACPARSER and its DLL inside my DELPHI code?

I have no idea of DELPHI.

> Best regards,
>
> Chr. Jammerbund

Also, can you please mention the pactester version that you are using.

Cheers,
Manu
--
Manu Garg