can this be setup on Windows to test against the IE engine?

radix023

Aug 13, 2009, 10:23:38 AM8/13/09
to pactester
I've been working with PAC files debugging at work and we have been
bitten by a difference in the way IE and Firefox implement the
dnsDomainIs function. IE appears to require a leading "." on domains,
while Firefox does not. pactester is a neat tool, but since it
conforms to Firefox behaviour and IE *is* our corporate standard (I
know, I know), it would not have identified this issue.

I know this is a long reach, but I did want to raise visibility for
this compatibility issue (since PAC is only a pseudo-standard.. heck
the place I found the originial netscape document was on
web.archive.org)

Thanks for your time

FrizwareDaddy

Sep 20, 2009, 4:41:01 PM9/20/09
to pactester
I would say that just as with HTML compatibilities or lack thereof, go
with common code that is compatible with both. Leave it to Microsoft
to redefine the definition.
mtfrizzell