usage instructions

Denee

Oct 2, 2009, 3:25:33 PM10/2/09
to pactester
Many thanks for the windows version of the pactester! I'm not
proficient in UNIX/linux (and don't have ready access to a UNIX/linux
system). Pactester has saved my bacon a few times.

One thing that might save newer users some time is to update the
instructions to state that the .pac file to be tested MUST be called
proxy.pac, the proxy.pac must be located in the same directory as the
pactester software, and you must specify the URL to be tested in the
format http://www.xyz.com (or https://www.xyz.com).

I eventually figured this out after perusing some of the other posts.

FrizwareDaddy

Oct 3, 2009, 3:01:12 PM10/3/09
to pactester
actually you can indicate any file name using <-p pacfile> syntax as
shown below:

Usage:
./pactester <-p pacfile> <-u url> [-h host] [-c client_ip]
./pactester <-p pacfile> <-f urlslist> [-c client_ip]

-p pacfile: PAC file to test
-u url: URL to test
-h host: Host part of the URL
-c client_ip: client IP address (defaults to IP address of the machine
on which script is running)
-f urlslist: a file containing list of URLs to be tested.

Example:
./pactester -p wpad.dat -u http://www.google.com
./pactester -p wpad.dat -u http://www.google.com -c 192.168.1.105
./pactester -p wpad.dat -f url_list