What can trade do for women's economic empowerment?

Julien Grollier

Aug 8, 2016, 5:12:10 PM8/8/16
to pact...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

I am hereby sharing with you below one of our recent papers on economic empowerment of women. I hope you will find it insightful. We are eager to read your comments and views on how to address women's challenges in trade participation!

WOMEN | BRIEFING PAPER

TRADE AS A TOOL FOR THE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN

This briefing paper examines how trade can be used as a tool to promote gender equality and women"s economic empowerment. In doing so, it explores the benefits and challenges of economic empowerment and how to expound on the effects of using trade for reversing or bridging the gap. The potential of women in trade is too often held back by the many constraints they face. In many parts of the world, they still lack power and influence and have to cope with threats to their lives, health and well–being.

Read Now!

Best regards,

Julien Grollier

Programme Officer