Wish Classes by Imran from YM

Imran from YieldMore

Dec 3, 2020, 12:58:11 AM12/3/20
to pac...@googlegroups.com
We want you to feel safe leaving your children in our care. We want to know what hopes and dreams you have for them and we want to hear from them direct what all they would like to do.

We want to pique their curiosity for the world around, make them sensitive to things that are happening, help them introspect, feel free talking about fears and concerns, life's plans and doubts.

We have the following objectives
1) Make them feel comfortable and supported
2) Help them choose learning and development activities
3) Guide their thinking process
4) Expose them to the arts and culture. This includes books and music.
5) Help them shed their inhibitions in expressing themselves
6) Show them how they can make their lives purposeful and meaningful
7) Explore their creativity including articles, essays, poems, painting, videos etc.
8) Put them on a compassionate, kindly path
9) Prepare them for adulthood and expose them to world views.
10) Help then organize their various wishes and make a plan to achieve them.

At every stage of this, we encourage parent participation and want you to feel comfortable with us mentoring them.

We call this a "Wish Class", part of the Wish On, World initiative of YM.

Warmly,
Imran

Imran from YieldMore

Dec 14, 2020, 5:05:30 PM12/14/20
to pac...@googlegroups.com
Ideas, Topics, Formal (classroom elements), Curations

Most important is the discussion on conservative vs freethinking. A line that needs to be collectively established after much thought by the teachers and discussion among / with the parents.

I'm a little open minded and freethinking in my approach and if this seems a problem, we may have to use these constraints in a separate class or have other teachers altogether.

Imran from YieldMore

Dec 14, 2020, 5:10:03 PM12/14/20
to pac...@googlegroups.com
By radical, though I'm a constructionist who believes in reinforcing existing beliefs, I also belive we need to be more inclusive and continually update our notions and views as our perspectives change.

I enjoyed this movie some 15 years ago... I think its a good point of reference.

Though it's certainly risque, it's something I think we all need to watch and introspect to see where our sentiments lie.

Henry Drummond Can't you understand? That if you take a law like evolution and you make it a crime to teach it in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools? And tomorrow you may make it a crime to read about it. And soon you may ban books and newspapers. And then you may turn Catholic against Protestant, and Protestant against Protestant, and try to foist your own religion upon the mind of man. If you can do one, you can do the other. Because fanaticism and ignorance is forever busy, and needs feeding. And soon, your Honor, with banners flying and with drums beating we'll be marching backward, BACKWARD, through the glorious ages of that Sixteenth Century when bigots burned the man who dared bring enlightenment and intelligence to the human mind!