Packer 1.9.4 released

Lucas Bajolet

Aug 18, 2023, 3:30:55 PM8/18/23
to Packer
Hello Packer community,

The Packer team is excited to announce the release of Packer 1.9.4.

This release comes close to Packer 1.9.3 since we introduced a bug in the release, which manifested as a crash whenever the Checkpoint telemetry was disabled.
For a full list of changes please refer to the Packer CHANGELOG.

Notable Fixes:
  • core: Fixes a crash when invoking Packer with the CHECKPOINT_DISABLE environment variable.
Apologies to everyone who experienced this problem.

As always thank you for your continued support and contributions.

The Packer team

Chandramohan Rangaraj

Aug 25, 2023, 6:39:33 AM8/25/23
to Packer
Hello Team,

Using this community, I hope to get some help with my packer build, which has been stuck for a long time. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Using Azurerm builder, I'm trying to build a custom Ubuntu 22.04 image, and it works great for 18.04, but doesn't work on 20.04 or 22.04.