On the future of the mailing list

Wilken Rivera

Feb 28, 2024, 11:00:43 AMFeb 28
to Packer

Hello Packer Community,

Between December 1, 2023, and January 7, 2024 a spam bot targeted the Packer-Tool email distribution list. As a result, more than 3000 malicious messages were sent to the group before Google's security system flagged and locked the group. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the recent spam attack on our mailing list. No private information was compromised as the group is public.

Over the next few days, the Packer mailing list will be reconfigured as a read-only web discussion board. The Packer team will use it to post announcements and security bulletins. Members will not have permission to post questions or replies.

For discussions, visit the Packer community forum at https://discuss.hashicorp.com/c/packer/23.

We appreciate your continued support and encourage you to join the Packer community forum on HashiCorp Discuss if you haven't already.

The Packer Team.

This conversation is locked