Packer builders options ssh_username and ssh_password

Rahul Negi

Jun 13, 2022, 4:11:43 AMJun 13
to Packer
Hi Team,

I am using Packer builder type azure-arm and using options ssh_username and ssh_password.

Surprisingly the behavior comes out to be that once the managed vm is created via packer then am unable to login into it via same ssh_password.

Every time I mention the ssh_username which is the existing user and same password as the existing one then the new vm is build with new password which I'm unaware of.

So, Is it the expected behavior or what is the default password I can try to login into new vm(already tried with admin password but no login success).

Please help me out as am new to this forum.

Thanks and Regards
Rahul Negi