Export to Image to GCS bucket without VM having private ip

Shivam kumar

Mar 17, 2023, 5:56:07 AM3/17/23
to Packer
Hi, I have create one GCE Image using packer now I want to export that Image to GCS bucket using google-compute-export but google-compute-export is also creating one VM to export the Image and that VM is trying to get an external IP but my organization has blocked to create VM with public IP and also on the google-compute-export packer official doc I don' t seen any argument so that I can use it and It will launch private instance.

Error is given below:

googlecompute.basic-example (googlecompute-export): Error creating instance: googleapi: Error 412: Constraint constraints/compute.vmExternalIpAccess violated for project XXXX. Add instance projects/XXXX/zones/XXXX/instances/XXXX to the constraint to use external IP with it., conditionNotMet