Create Openstack images with packer

open infra

Nov 24, 2021, 4:58:30 AM11/24/21
to packe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I managed to create a Windows image for VirtualBox using the packer.
When I tried to do the same against Openstack, packer is waiting at the following step.
==> openstack: Waiting for WinRM to become available...

Do I need to make any changes in my original qcow image (source_image) that was used to create the initial VM? or else do I need to use a autounattend.xml?
I noticed that the VirtualBox builder used such a file and defined it under "floppy files".

Regards
Danishka

open infra

Dec 1, 2021, 11:41:22 PM12/1/21
to packe...@googlegroups.com
What is the best practise here? Should I configure WinRM in the source_image or should I use autounattend.xml?