Configure access through bastion and AWS Session Manager

Robert Whittle

Sep 7, 2021, 3:43:30 PMSep 7
to Packer
Hi,

I'm using the amazon ebs builder to try and build an AMI in a private subnet.  Access to VMs in the subnet must go via a bastion, which in turn must be accessed using AWS session manager.  I see that there are ssh connection option in packer for bastion and session manager, but I can't work out how to use them in combination.  Unfortunately the source AMI I am using does not support session manager so i somehow need to configure packer to use session manager to connect to the bastion and then establish an ssh connection from the bastion to the build VM.  Is this feasible?

Thanks

Rob