Packer v1.7.7 released

Wilken Rivera

Oct 19, 2021, 12:50:06 PM10/19/21
to packe...@googlegroups.com
Hello Packer Community,

It is here! HashiConf 2021, Packer 1.7.7, and the beta launch of the HCP Packer registry all wrapped into a single day 🎉 🎈

The Packer team is excited to announce the release of Packer 1.7.7. This release includes support for the beta release of the HCP Packer registry.

The HCP Packer registry bridges the gap between image factories and image deployments, allowing development and security teams to work together to create, manage, and consume golden images in a centralized way.

We've also released new versions of the following Packer plugins with full support for the HCP Packer registry.

For a complete list of changes please see the Packer CHANGELOG.

To get started, visit the HCP Packer documentation or try the Get Started with HCP Packer collection on HashiCorp Learn.

As always, we want to hear from you if you have any issues or ideas.

Thanks,
The Packer team