Useful functions

Joan Miller

Feb 5, 2010, 7:47:28 AM2/5/10
to The Hitchhiker's Guide to Packaging
The functions found here [1] (between *# ===* tags) could be added to
distribute since that they're very useful and speed up the process to
fill in the setup.py configuration.

[1] http://bitbucket.org/ares/scripy/src/tip/setup.py

Joan Miller

Feb 11, 2010, 9:22:58 AM2/11/10
to The Hitchhiker's Guide to Packaging

At the end I believe that I'll add all those functions into a python
package for that can be used for somebody and so don't depend of third
libraries.

Tarek Ziadé

Feb 11, 2010, 9:29:43 AM2/11/10
to packagi...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the late reply, I am a bit lagging.

These functions make some assumptions on the files to be organized,
and the way they should be structured.

I am not sure if they can be useful for people that don't use the
exact same structure (even if it's the best structure imho)

Now you could probably create a project that generates a Paster
skeleton for a distutils-based project, with those files and a
setup.py that grabs the info in them

This would be a useful contribution to the guide I think,

Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org