spring-ford area school distrcit - bad air quality

Ben Quick

Jul 27, 2004, 1:17:29 AM7/27/04
On Monday, 6/28/04, Judge Subers of Montgomery County denied Air
Quality Testing to be performed at the Spring-Ford Intermediate and
Middle Schools. This testing was already paid for and would cost the
taxpayers and District nothing. The District has only performed air
and surface sampling. The Department of Health has multiple reports
to the District requesting they repair water stained ceiling tiles,
bubbling paint, etc. all which are signs of water damage. Residents
want to know why they can't do a thorough test which would include
wall borings so they can find where the moisture and mold are coming
from.

The District stands on their belief that their testing firm, Karl &
Associates, provided adequate testing. At a School Board meeting,
John Schlosser of Karl & Associates confirmed that some of the Air
Quality Test levels of toxins were higher than he liked, however, the
School District didn't do any kind of remediation.

Parents are now outside the schools protesting the Judge's decision
and would like to have their own testing done, at no cost to ANYONE,
so they can be confident in the School Districts testing firm. They
say, "prove us wrong and we will go away."

The School District has hired 24 hour security of both the
Intermediate School and Middle School. The security guards are
watching an empty building and the taxpayers are paying for it. Since
they will be there on a holiday weekend, they will be charging the
District overtime.

If these buildings are safe, why did the District hire security? If
anyone did get a piece of carpet, wall, etc. the District says they
are safe, so why as taxpayers do we need to pay for guards?

Barb Hagan

ttump...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2012, 7:19:01 AM7/7/12
Serving those who need it most! Anytime Restoration is a family operated company built on strong principles that makes recovering from a disaster the least intrusive as possible. We specialize in Water Damage Restoration Service.
http://www.anytimerestorationservices.com