Moving site that used P4AVideo to another instance breaks site

John Schinnerer

Sep 27, 2010, 2:49:27 AM9/27/10
to p4a-...@googlegroups.com
Aloha,

I am trying to move a plone site from one zope/plone 2.5.5 instance to
another.
The source instance had P4AVideo 1.0 in the Products directory.
The site originally had P4AVideo 1.0 installed.

I have uninstalled P4AVideo from the site in the source instance.
I have also uninstalled P4AVideo from the source instance itself and
restarted the instance.
Looking at the site and the ZMI for the source instance, it appears that
P4AVideo has been completely removed.

All other products in use on the site are identical versions in both
zope/plone instances, and the instances are identical versions also.

P4AVideo 1.1b1 is in the Products directory of the destination instance.
Afaik this should not matter, since I uninstalled P4AVideo from the site
in question before moving it.

When I export the site from the source instance and then import the site
to the destination instance, and try to view the site (any page), I get
the below error.

I believe P4AVideo is somehow responsible, because other sites in the
source instance that never had P4AVideo installed can be moved
(export/import) to the destination instance with no errors.

I need to resolve this problem ASAP and get this site moved along with
all the others. Any assistance appreciated...I am not finding anything
that seems relevant via google, etc.

thanks,
John S.

---------------------------------
Site Error

NameError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 196, in publish_module_standard
* Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
34, in new_publish
* Module Zope2.App.startup, line 222, in zpublisher_exception_hook
* Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
* Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
* Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
* Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 195, in _exec
* Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 18, in FSPT_pt_render
* Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_utils, line 9, in call_pattern
* Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 134, in pt_render
* Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 68, in PT_pt_render
* Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_utils, line 9, in call_pattern
* Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 104, in pt_render
<FSPageTemplate at /mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld/document_view used
for /mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld/front-page>
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 238, in __call__
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
* Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 507, in do_setLocal_tal
* Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 221, in evaluate
Line 3, Column 0
Expression: standard:'plone_view/globalize'
Names:

{'container': <PloneSite at /mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld>,
'context': <ATDocument at /mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld/front-page>,
'default': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Default instance at
0xb71501ac>,
'here': <ATDocument at /mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld/front-page>,
'loop': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at
0x16af0e0c>,
'modules':
<Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr._SecureModuleImporter instance at
0xb70fe3ec>,
'nothing': None,
'options': {'args': ()},
'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at
0x16af0e0c>,
'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://malama.eco-living.net:9180/mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld/front-page/document_view>,
'root': <Application at >,
'template': <FSPageTemplate at
/mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld/document_view used for
/mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld/front-page>,
'traverse_subpath': [],
'user': <User 'johns'>}

* Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 185, in __call__
* Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 180, in _eval
* Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 85, in render
* Module Products.CMFPlone.browser.plone, line 66, in globalize
* Module Products.CMFPlone.browser.plone, line 118, in _initializeData
* Module Products.CMFPlone.ActionsTool, line 47, in
listFilteredActionsFor
* Module Products.CMFPlone.ActionsTool, line 34, in _getActions
* Module Products.CMFCore.ActionProviderBase, line 86, in
listActionInfos
* Module Products.CMFonFive.fiveactionstool, line 140, in listActions
* Module Products.CMFonFive.fiveactionstool, line 91, in getMenu

NameError: global name 'Interface' is not defined (Also, the following
error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message,
please see the event log for full details: global name 'Interface' is
not defined)
------------------------

--
John Schinnerer - M.A., Whole Systems Design
- Eco-Living -

lucielejard

Sep 27, 2010, 8:59:09 AM9/27/10
to Plone4Artists users
Looking at the traceback, it seems that there is an action in
portal_actions that may need to be removed. Take a look in
portal_actions, maybe it is some old stuff from p4a video that didn't
get removed.

Lucie
--
Six Feet Up, Inc. | Sponsor of Plone Conference 2010 (Oct. 25th-31st)
Direct Line: +1 (317) 861-5948 x605

How am I doing? Please contact my manager Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker
at gabr...@sixfeetup.com with any feedback.
> URL=http://malama.eco-living.net:9180/mydomain.tld/mydomain.tld/front-pag...>,
> j...@eco-living.nethttp://eco-living.net

John Schinnerer

Sep 27, 2010, 11:40:29 AM9/27/10
to p4a-...@googlegroups.com
Aloha,

On 09/26/2010 11:56 PM, Wyn Williams wrote:
> This would suggest it is not un-installed completely (common problem
> with p4a) and at least an interface / profile is hanging around.

That's what I was thinking...just need to know how to clean up whatever
is hanging around.

> Run it using bin/instance fg it will give you much more useful
> information,

OK, need to duplicate the situation on a test server first.

> also why uninstall if you are using it on another site ? it
> should be OK just update the product afterwards via the product control
> panel

This is what I tried first.

Moving the site from source to destination instance as-is (all products
same except P4AVidoe 1.0 vs. 1.1b1) results in the below error.

If in the source instance, I replace 1.0 with 1.1b1 and restart the
instance, I also get the below error. So if you mean product control
panel in plone UI, there is no access to that...

Both the above are true whether or not I "uninstall" P4AVideo from the
site first.

That is, the mere presence of P4AVideo 1.1b1 in the instance, even if
not installed in the site, appears to trigger the error.

thanks,
John S.

> Peace
>
> Wyn Williams
>
> On a side note I offer free support to globally aware and socially
> orientated sites so if you wish to consider upgrading through to Plone 4
> let me know.

> <http://global_defines.pt>

> jo...@eco-living.net <mailto:jo...@eco-living.net>
> http://eco-living.net

John Schinnerer

Sep 27, 2010, 11:42:42 AM9/27/10
to p4a-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I have looked there...not sure what/where exactly you mean.
There is nothing that looks related to P4AVideo in actions, action
providers or interfaces tab.

thanks,
John S.

jo...@eco-living.net