sub-types

shrinkray

Nov 23, 2009, 11:43:27 AM11/23/09
to Plone4Artists users
Hi,
I've been watching the blip.tv screencast on Plone4Artists Video. I
see in View mode, there is a menu called "Sub-types." How can I
activate this in my instance? When I try to upload a movie, I get the
following error:

ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
p4a.subtyper.interfaces.ISubtyper>, '')

* Plone 3.2.1
* CMF 2.1.2
* Zope (Zope 2.10.7-final, python 2.4.4, win32)
* Python 2.4.4 (#71, Oct 18 2006, 08:34:43) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)]
* PIL 1.1.6

Any suggestions?

Lennart Regebro

Nov 23, 2009, 11:52:58 AM11/23/09
to p4a-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 17:43, shrinkray <shrin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been watching the blip.tv screencast on Plone4Artists Video. I
> see in View mode, there is a menu called "Sub-types." How can I
> activate this in my instance? When I try to upload a movie, I get the
> following error:
>
> ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
> p4a.subtyper.interfaces.ISubtyper>, '')

p4a.subtyper is not properly included in the site. Most likely you
didn't include the ZCML of the product (p4a.plonevideo, I think?)

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64

shrinkray

Nov 24, 2009, 12:21:15 PM11/24/09
to Plone4Artists users
Hi and thanks for the response!

in the buildout, I have
eggs =
p4a.plonevideo
p4a.plonevideoembed

zcml=
p4a.plonevideo
p4a.plonevideoembed

should I go back to a data.fs file before the p4a install and try it
again?
--gm

On Nov 23, 11:52 am, Lennart Regebro <lenn...@jazkarta.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 17:43, shrinkray <shrinkfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've been watching the blip.tv screencast on Plone4Artists Video. I
> > see in View mode, there is a menu called "Sub-types." How can I
> > activate this in my instance? When I try to upload a movie, I get the
> > following error:
>
> > ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass
> > p4a.subtyper.interfaces.ISubtyper>, '')
>
> p4a.subtyper is not properly included in the site. Most likely you
> didn't include the ZCML of the product (p4a.plonevideo, I think?)
>
> --
> Lennart Regebro: Python, Zope, Plone, Grokhttp://regebro.wordpress.com/

Lennart Regebro

Nov 24, 2009, 1:16:06 PM11/24/09
to p4a-user
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 18:21, shrinkray <shrin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi and thanks for the response!
>
> in the buildout, I have
> eggs =
>    p4a.plonevideo
>    p4a.plonevideoembed
>
> zcml=
>    p4a.plonevideo
>    p4a.plonevideoembed
>
> should I go back to a data.fs file before the p4a install and try it
> again?

No, I think that should be enough. I don't know why you don't get the
Subtype menu in the situation. Somebody that knows more about the
video products need to take over from here. :)

Graham Perrin

Nov 25, 2009, 1:01:25 PM11/25/09
to Plone4Artists users
Not the answer to your question, but beware of
<http://dev.plone4artists.org/pm/p/plone4artists/ticket/199>

shrinkray

Dec 2, 2009, 3:06:32 PM12/2/09
to Plone4Artists users
Hey Graham,
Thanks for the post. It looks like you haven't had any responses to
your ticket for the past two months.

Someone sent me a note that said I should try adding subtype.p4a to
the buildout. That helped but did not resolve my overall dilemma. In
other words, I stopped getting the error, but when I try to embed a
video I get the URL showing up as a link and not the video. Any idea
why this is happening?

Is anyone having a problem with 3.3.1 and Plone4Artists Video? This is
a huge conundrum for us. I really don't know of any other product that
embeds video from a URL. Please let me know if another product would
work in this instance (embedded URL). Should we install the whole
suite?

Thanks Guys,
Greg Miller (shrinkray)

shrinkray

Graham Perrin

Jan 10, 2010, 8:55:28 AM1/10/10
to Plone4Artists users

A workaround for that issue is outlined at
<http://n2.nabble.com/unauthorised-changes-sub-typing-or-borked-sites-
AttributeError-following-product-removal-tp2497502p4280635.html>.

(Whether it's good enough to be treated as a fix, I don't know).

Regards
Graham