can't upgrade Plone v3 site

John DeStefano

Jan 11, 2011, 4:23:59 PM1/11/11
to Plone4Artists users
Hi,

I have a Plone 3.1.7 site on which P4A Calendar had been installed
some time ago but has been removed for some time. I've imported the
site into a new Plone 4.0.2 instance and tried to update, but the
migration fails with:
PicklingError: Can't pickle <class
'p4a.calendar.interfaces.ICalendarSupport'>: import of module
p4a.calendar.interfaces failed

If useful, the full traceback from the migration tool is here:
http://deesto.pastebin.com/6Mw8jLF6

I've gone through and removed references to P4A in the ZMI Control
Panel -> Product Manageemnt area, as well as the site
portal_quickinstaller, but this hasn't made a difference.

Is there a fix or work-around to let me upgrade my site?

Thanks,
~John

Wyn Williams

Jan 11, 2011, 4:29:13 PM1/11/11
to p4a-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that happens, its a "dirty" product and is hard to remove all traces of it, just uninstalling it will not help.
I would re-install it (SVN has P4 IIRC) migrate and then remove it when you have time.

Wyn Williams
Asigottech
signature.asc

John DeStefano

Jan 12, 2011, 9:47:37 PM1/12/11
to Plone4Artists users
Thanks Wyn. How do you migrate it, and then remove it as well, esp.
if it's hard to remove all traces?

Thank you,
John