REMINDER: Mailing List Guidelines

Pippa Buchanan

Jan 20, 2011, 6:59:47 PM1/20/11
to p2pu-w...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to remind everyone that the School of Webcraft mailing list operates under guidelines that we share with the rest of Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU).

The p2pu-webcraft mailing list is used to discuss the Webcraft project within P2PU - our focus is on working out the best ways to facilitate and provide accessible, peer-based learning opportunities for topics about open and standards-based web development.   To just receive news about the School of Webcraft project (including upcoming courses) , please sign up for our announcement list.

General discussions about peer-based learning and the P2PU project can be discussed in the community mailing list.

Discussions about the P2PU technical platform take place in the development mailing list. To submit a bug or feature request, please use the P2PU IssueTracker.

More mailing lists can be found on the wiki.

Please remember to play nice, to choose the correct mailing list for your discussion, to keep to the subject or create a new thread and to respect your peers' feelings.

Mailing List Communication Guidelines

  • Be nice and respectful to mailing list users
  • Bring your sense of humour but recognise that we are an international community. Some humour may not translate well.
  • Please don't forward random stuff / announcements, this is a working list for the School of Webcraft community
  • Assume good faith and intentions in other peoples' statements and actions
  • If you can say the same thing in fewer words, please do so
  • No advertising
  • Use good subject lines that reflect the content of the message. If a topic begins to tangent, rephrase the subject line appropriately.
  • When replying to a message, include enough original material to be understood but no more. Long emails of quoted content are frustrating.
  • When replying to a message, stay on topic. If your post is not related, start a new topic.
  • Assume that people speak for themselves, and what they say does not represent their organization (unless stated explicitly)
  • Courtesy never hurts, and sometimes helps. and please DO NOT SHOUT!
  • No personal attacks, ever!