Starting a new Chapter 1 group

Josmas Flores

Jul 24, 2011, 4:12:15 PM7/24/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, this is a message for the people that for any reason could
not follow the group so far but would still like to give it a go.

As some of us will be starting Chapter 2 this week, it is a great time
to get another Chapter 1 group started, that could benefit from help
from the people that have already gone through it.

If anyone out there wants to start up again from scratch, give me a
shout and I'll arrange meetings for both levels (Chapters 1 and 2...
so far!)

cheers,
José

Peter Ibbotson

Jul 25, 2011, 10:24:53 AM7/25/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Josmas Flores <josmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, this is a message for the people that for any reason could
> not follow the group so far but would still like to give it a go.
>
> As some of us will be starting Chapter 2 this week, it is a great time
> to get another Chapter 1 group started, that could benefit from help
> from the people that have already gone through it.

Sadly I'm going to have abandon the whole thing, as I just can't seem
to make the time at the moment. To much pressure from work over a
project that is going live. My bit is pretty much on schedule but I'm
being dragged off to do some sysadmin work which is leaving me little
free time.

Josmas Flores

Jul 25, 2011, 11:13:07 AM7/25/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Peter, no worries; I'll try to start a new group everytime another
group finishes a chapter so if you want to give it a go some time in
the future when your schedule eases off a bit you'd be more than
welcome.

cheers,
José

Dustin Walper

Jul 25, 2011, 12:36:16 PM7/25/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
I would be game! I feel a bit sheepish that I ended up bringing a lot of people into the fold on SICP and then fell off the face of the earth - I've been traveling for work nonstop this summer, although I'm really itching to dive into SICP and finish it.

Cheers,
Dustin

Josmas Flores

Jul 25, 2011, 1:42:08 PM7/25/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
no worries Dustin and would be great to have you back.

How many people you guys think we'd need for a new group? I'd say at
least 5? thoughts?

cheers,
José

Arania Jain

Jul 25, 2011, 10:05:19 PM7/25/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I missed out last time and I would really love to join the new group.

Regards,
Arania

Josmas Flores

Jul 26, 2011, 5:22:01 AM7/26/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
Great stuff! we've 2 people for the new group... another 3 hanging
around anywhere?
bring your friends and all that!!! :D

cheers,
José

Josmas Flores

Aug 14, 2011, 2:43:57 PM8/14/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
Ok guys, so we should start Chapter 1 meetings again soon. How about
next weekend?

I'm on vacation from next week but could take an hour for a meeting if
we can get enough numbers. Please let me know here.

cheers,
Jos