New Chapter 1 group stating in October

Josmas Flores

Sep 16, 2011, 10:07:44 AM9/16/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, we are finally starting another Chapter 1 group in October.

If you want to join in just reply to this thread (some people have
done it already). We won't wait for more people to come on board. If
it's only 2 people in the group, that will be it. If there's only 1 I
will join in Chapter 1 again! :)

make some noise kids!!!

cheers,
José

Dustin Walper

Sep 16, 2011, 10:56:18 AM9/16/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
I'm in! :-)

Cheers,
Dustin

Amalia

Sep 17, 2011, 4:48:53 PM9/17/11
to P2PU SICP Study Group
I join to the group.

Amalia

On Sep 16, 4:56 pm, Dustin Walper <dustin.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in! :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Dustin

Sayem Islam

Sep 17, 2011, 7:33:53 PM9/17/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, count me for the Ch 1 group as well.

Sayem
--
Sayem

Josmas Flores

Sep 18, 2011, 4:51:55 AM9/18/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
That's great guys, we are going ahead then.

Can you start thinking about a time for irc meetings? I think Dustin
had proposed Sundays right before the Chapter 2 meetings (those happen
at 3pm EDT, 7pm GMT). Would be cool to have guys in the more advanced
groups popping in and giving a hand.

cheers,
José

Andres Raba

Sep 18, 2011, 7:18:52 AM9/18/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
6pm GMT would be great. Good way to review chapter 1 as well. And we can always discuss asyncronously in this mailing list.

Andres

Josmas Flores

Sep 18, 2011, 7:54:26 AM9/18/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
good point Andres.

The main problem I see right now is motivation, and that's why forcing
yourself to attend synchronously in irc might be a better way to go;
but asynchronous is always a good bet.

cheers,
José

Alex Aguilar

Sep 19, 2011, 12:37:08 AM9/19/11
to P2PU SICP Study Group
I'm interested as well.
Looking forward to it.

Ahmad Ajmi

Sep 29, 2011, 12:22:50 AM9/29/11
to P2PU SICP Study Group
I'm in, already started my self and watching lecture 2 now.

Josmas Flores

Oct 2, 2011, 7:20:00 AM10/2/11
to p2pu...@googlegroups.com
Ok guys, there's enough people for a new group, and we are in October
already so... when do you guys want to meet? all happy with using IRC
freenode #sicp channel?

I would propose staring next week, on Sundays, before the chapter 2
meet up that we should start organising again.

Chapter 1 meetup at 2pm EST 6 pm GMT
Chapter 2 meetup at 3pm EST 7 pm GMT

Please note that some places are on DST so times above are 2pm New
York, 7pm London for Chapter 1.

Please let me know what you guys think and we should skip today cause
of the short notice. everybody happy with that?

cheers,
José

PS: Please note that this is a study group. It is a group effort, and
if I'm not around (or even if I am) all members can take the lead
anytime. I'll be happy to add organisers to the P2PU site and admins
to the google group. Just shout!