Reminder - new.p2pu.org run through w/ schools tomorrow.

Alison Jean Cole

Mar 27, 2011, 7:42:53 PM3/27/11
to p2pu-schools
Just want to make sure I have my times right - 1pm PDT/4pm EST, correct?

FYI: This is a meeting for school organizers to be updated about what happened at Toronto + SF meetups.

ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison

Alan Webb

Mar 27, 2011, 10:07:58 PM3/27/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Alison Jean Cole
That's right!

Maria Droujkova

Mar 28, 2011, 6:53:44 AM3/28/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
This is the world clock for it: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=28&year=2011&hour=16&min=00&sec=0&p1=207

What are the meeting details? I must have missed it.

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova

Make math your own, to make your own math.

Dan Diebolt

Mar 28, 2011, 9:32:15 AM3/28/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Maria Droujkova
Call me contrarian, but this is the cusp where total transparency breaks down. I would think such a meeting on core technology and decisions would have wide announcement, exposure and participation.

Rebecca Kahn

Mar 28, 2011, 9:52:44 AM3/28/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Dan Diebolt, Maria Droujkova
As far as I understood it, the spread of the word will be happening in stages over the next few weeks. But since the Schools are going to be running courses in April it makes sense to run through it with them, make sure we're all happy, and then disseminate (via the schools and other P2PU channels).

This is still early days for the new site - it's by no means ready for a big, public launch or call for users, and I think there is a real risk of overwhelming the process if we move too fast. Baby steps will, if past iterations are anything to go by, be far more useful for the development of the site.

Best

--
Rebecca Kahn
Skype: rebekahn

Alison Jean Cole

Mar 28, 2011, 5:14:45 PM3/28/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
Dan - The conversation was targeted at specific individuals who could answer specific questions we had in mind on very specific topics. This has nothing to do with poor transparency.

ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison

Dan Diebolt

Mar 28, 2011, 5:38:03 PM3/28/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Alison Jean Cole
AJC> ... specific ... specific ... specific ..

List of Specific Cognitive Biases
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Nutz, I will never get my School of Slack launched.

Alison Jean Cole

Mar 28, 2011, 5:40:51 PM3/28/11
to Dan Diebolt, p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com

Philipp Schmidt

Mar 28, 2011, 6:21:53 PM3/28/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Dan Diebolt, Maria Droujkova
It's one meeting to get feedback from a key stakeholder group, the
people running schools. Other stakeholders will be asked for input
separately, but they will have very different requirements and
perspectives and this allows us enough time to drill down on the
schools requirements.

Dan: Please approach the technology development process in good faith.
We are trying to do this right - and even if we don't always succeed,
it's not because of bad intentions.

Pippa Buchanan

Mar 29, 2011, 3:16:54 AM3/29/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the notes Ali and apologies that I couldn't make the call.

I've added notes and suggestions to the Cacoo page (What a great collaborative tool for the website! I guess thanks go to Zuzel?)

Pippa

Dan Diebolt

Mar 29, 2011, 6:31:12 AM3/29/11
to Philipp Schmidt, p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Maria Droujkova
> ... good faith ... bad intentions

Nobody is raising issues of bad intentions. The original poster sent out a message labeled REMINDER to a public group in regards to an unannounced event. Several people who might be interested in that meeting were unaware of the details or mentioned they missed the meeting. To be scolded when I point out that this is a transparency issue is a little hard to understand specifically