Add school goals to p2pu roadmap

Alison Jean Cole

Apr 3, 2011, 8:20:07 PM4/3/11
to p2pu-schools
Hi school folks,

We'd love to see SoW, SOSI, and Math add there concrete goals to the P2PU roadmap - which is still very much an empty skeleton. There's no need for drafting separate roadmaps. Feel free to adjust the existing formatting to suit your needs. Also, goals should have the names of folks who are working on deliverables.

http://wiki.p2pu.org/w/page/36991876/Roadmap-2011

Best,
ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison

Joe Corneli

Apr 4, 2011, 5:09:32 AM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Alison Jean Cole
This roadmap needs an executive summary or mission statement at the
top. Presumably it can be cut/pasted from some other document, but
without a representation of the organisation's high-level goals, any
"roadmap" is just random movement.

Dan Diebolt

Apr 4, 2011, 5:23:47 AM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Joe Corneli, Alison Jean Cole
Instead of a road map how about a train map with schools, dev and community as red-line, blue-line tracks and hyperlinks at each station? I borrowed this from dot net nuke:

We could put or link in large font atop the page and invite people to click on it and open another window. Or just embed it.

Niels Sprong

Apr 4, 2011, 5:34:09 AM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
looks pretty cool! So you make 1 per month or split the graph up in months?

Dan Diebolt

Apr 4, 2011, 5:38:21 AM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Niels Sprong

Dan Diebolt

Apr 4, 2011, 5:39:27 AM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Niels Sprong

Dan Diebolt

Apr 4, 2011, 5:40:06 AM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Niels Sprong

Alison Jean Cole

Apr 4, 2011, 1:02:33 PM4/4/11
to p2pu-schools
Happy to add a larger mission statement to the top.

It is imperative, however, that SoSI, SoW, and Math add workable, task based goals to the roadmap.

Please keep the discussion on this thread focused on the original request - which is directed to the organizers of SoSI, SoW, and Math Futures.

Thanks,
ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison

Alan Webb

Apr 4, 2011, 3:35:14 PM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Alison Jean Cole
Hi Alison, I've add a few mission critical SoSI things to the calendar now (recruiting timelines, process for scope and vision round II, etc.) and I'll add other secondary things as they emerge (research, wish-list development projects, etc.  Does that look alright?

Thanks!

Alison Jean Cole

Apr 4, 2011, 3:43:29 PM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
Alan looks great. Always ok to add goals as they roll in.
Thank you.

Maria Droujkova

Apr 4, 2011, 10:00:47 PM4/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure where to add these, but we have three goals:

- Develop integration with online for-credit university courses
- Develop open "mesh" model where courses enter a lot of online communities, including P2PU
- Integrate with PlanetMath

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova

Make math your own, to make your own math.