Preparing for April

Alison Jean Cole

Feb 24, 2011, 12:02:07 PM2/24/11
to p2pu-schools, Pippa Buchanan
Hi folks,

I figured this was the best place to start the conversation about
preparing for Aprils round of courses. SoSI, Math, SoW should begin to
take measures to recruit and promote the April cycle. The schools
working group, but mostly Beka and I, can help with your efforts. You
are free to create your own promotional materials. We are working on
pr for p2pu in general as well..

http://wiki.p2pu.org/w/page/30407456/Course-rounds-and-schedules

Best,
Alison

--
ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison

Pippa Buchanan

Feb 24, 2011, 10:16:38 PM2/24/11
to p2pu-schools
Thanks Ali!

I'm also happy to help out and give advice where possible to SoSI and Math Futures as we've got earlier versions of communication materials SoW has used.

Previously though the messaging has been focused on a more traditional leader / participant structure with a call for organisers and then subsequent calls for participants. That's resulted in less equal participation than we'd have liked. It would be great to hear from others, (particularly SoSI organisers) about how they're structuring their communication and encouraging more equal participation.

P*

Philipp Schmidt

Feb 25, 2011, 7:58:02 AM2/25/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Pippa Buchanan
Agree with Pippa that the open call should avoid clear separation and
invite peer learners of all kinds - facilitators included. However,
behind the scenes we probably have to do a lot of individual and
targeted outreach to people we think would make great facilitators. P