Re: [p2pu-webcraft] Please review: default decline message for non Webcraft courses and groups

1 view

Alison Jean Cole

Jun 22, 2011, 3:07:00 PM6/22/11
to School of Webcraft (Sow), p2pu-schools
Agree with Jessy's feedback.

My hope is that denial will be a temporary process until we have a good tagging system in place.

Schools could then review courses tagged with their topics and invite them to join the school. I would remove "select a school" from the course creation process and replace it with tags. That way we avoid having a negative system in place altogether.

ALISON
p2pu.org/en/alison/

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 7:36 AM, Jessy Kate Schingler <je...@jessykate.com> wrote:
i think it was for p2pu as a whole. i do like the idea that people who have questions could contact an individual person directly with their concerns or questions.

Jessy
--

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Pippa Buchanan <Pippa.B...@gmail.com> wrote:
great feedback from jessy - but I accidentally deferred the message in the moderation filter. sorry jessy!

switching the order of the explanation makes sense - thanks for pointing that out!

re volunteer course mentors - i recall us discussing it, but it didn't go much further then that. Was this meant to be a general P2PU approach or SoW specific?  Once we've got tags in place we'll also be able to point organisers towards many other organsiers working on similar topics.

P*

Jun 22, 2011, 3:54:31 PM6/22/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, School of Webcraft (Sow)
I totally agree Ali, declining people is bad. They should be invited in to Schools
--
contact info:
http://www.johndbritton.com