Re: [p2pu-community] Re: Help Needed + Awesome: New Study Group: Breaking Language Barriers

Alison Jean Cole

Jul 4, 2011, 9:25:58 AM7/4/11
to p2pu-co...@googlegroups.com, p2pu-schools
Hi Caleb,

This is a massive undertaking and one that P2PU would be excited to see blossom. Stian Haklev, one of our board members, has always been a big proponent of diversifying languages within P2PU. He may be of tremendous help to you.

If you forsee this being an effort you'll be working towards for a few years you should consider banding together with other individuals who share the same vision and start a P2PU school:

We have microgrants available to help large efforts like this develop and mature once they've build some history within P2PU (i.e. run a few courses, study groups and have grown a core group of organizers around the topic).

See more: http://new.p2pu.org/en/groups/p2pu-help-desk/content/about-schools/

ALISON
p2pu.org/en/alison/

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:03 PM, (aleb <myp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, thanks Alison for placing info about Breaking Language Barriers.
We have English and French covered as far as the study group is
concerned. Of course our main objective is to have every language on
planet earth represented on P2PU. If anyone would like to teach their
native tongue, or perhaps you're fluent in a foreign language, we sure
could use your help. We feel it's a noble and just cause and would
make people's life a little easier anyway.

Thanks!
(aleb

On Jun 28, 12:24 am, Alison Jean Cole <alisonjean.c...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Caleb would like help finding folks who are language proficient/fluent to
> help lead language learning groups!
> Please check out the group and see how you can help!
>
> ALISON
> p2pu.org/en/alison/

Pippa Buchanan

Jul 4, 2011, 7:18:54 PM7/4/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, p2pu-co...@googlegroups.com
Caleb, that's a great group and one I'll encourage my Austrian friends to participate in so that I can improve my German skills.

Perhaps a very practical outcome of this would be for some of the group members to work on the localisation of P2PU text? It's probably something suitable for more advanced learners but would be a great way to practically put language skills to the test.