A few courses for April

Alison Jean Cole

Mar 16, 2011, 8:56:32 PM3/16/11
to p2pu-schools
Hi Schools,

Wanted to connect with you to see if you might have a few organizers ready/wanting to run courses for April?
We're going to begin the orientation process on Monday (but the orientation is really always running) for a way to get everyone introduced. Latecomers welcome.

Keep in touch,
ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison

Dan Diebolt

Mar 16, 2011, 9:08:26 PM3/16/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
When you run a course a second time such as your "Course Design Orientation" course:

do you (a) clone (copy and paste content into new course) the course and start fresh, (b) remove old comments and forum posts and use the old course, (c) just accumulate more content into the old course, or (d) some other trickery?

Alison Jean Cole

Mar 16, 2011, 9:11:42 PM3/16/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
Because the volume newcomers this round will be low and this is the last time running the orientation on drupal I will hold conversations in the same place, and edit previous forum titles with backdates.

ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison

Dan Diebolt

Mar 16, 2011, 9:26:55 PM3/16/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com, Alison Jean Cole
AJC> ... the volume newcomers this round will be low ...

We are supposedly on a geometric curve doubling learners every quarter (1000, 2000, 4000, 10,100 ...):

http://sharing-nicely.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/webcraft-roadmap-2011.jpg

If the expectation is for lower numbers I think some post-mortem analysis and reality testing needs to conducted. What I see expanding geometrically is the gap between expectations and reality. I say we put the problem on the table and identify options and solutions that can be implemented in the next cycle - without relying on a new platform or some downstream event that will not materialize within the next cycle.

Alison Jean Cole

Mar 16, 2011, 9:36:53 PM3/16/11
to Dan Diebolt, p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
The volume of newcomers will be low --> I was referring to the volume of new organizers/courses proposed recently. See for yourself:  http://p2pu.org/course/find?course_status[00_draft]=00_draft&tid[306]=306&tid[593]=593&tid[510]=510&tid[307]=307&title=

I also predict the volume of sign-ups will be lower than last round because we have not experienced the wide-spread promotion like last round. This is not indicative of any problems in my opinion.

ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison

Maria Droujkova

Mar 16, 2011, 9:37:45 PM3/16/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
We will have 2 or 3 courses in Math Future, at least. It's actually hard to start in April.

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova

Make math your own, to make your own math.

Alison Jean Cole

Mar 16, 2011, 9:38:34 PM3/16/11
to p2pu-s...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good, Maria. Keep us in the loop!

ALISON
p2pu.org/users/alison