P2PU Monthly update

Rebecca Kahn

Jun 24, 2011, 9:43:54 AM6/24/11
to p2pu-co...@googlegroups.com, P2PU Technical Development, p2pu-researches, p2pu-a...@googlegroups.com

Welcome to the P2PU (mostly) monthly update. This is our way of filling you in on all the news about our site development, new study groups and courses, and general P2PU news straight to your inbox.

  • We've moved!
    The move to our wonderful new site p2pu.org took place last week, and it couldn't have been smoother. Many thanks and mad props to the wonderful dev team and everyone who gave their time and smarts to making this happen
  • If you have any questions about how to create, run, join or participate in a study group or course on the new site, check out our brilliant handbook and Help Desk

We're proud to be partnering with some great organisations to create exciting and innovative courses – take a look at some of the new ones which are open for signup:

With the Saylor Foundation:

  • Baroque Art History of Italy, Spain and the Netherlands.
    This study group examines the history of Western art in Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands.  It represents the first two units of a course available at The Saylor Foundation. By the time you finish this course, you will be familiar with the most important art and artists of Western Baroque art.

  • Microeconomics: An Introduction
    Understand how people, businesses, governments and other organisations interact in markets via their consumption, production and financial behaviours and build a foundation in basic economics.  The open source material and study outline come from The Saylor Foundation, and we will cover Units 1-3 in this six week study group. Participants can expect to understand the material through readings, active asynchronous discussions and exercises.

More new courses:

There are some great new topics which are open for sign up:

Get Involved:

  • Do you want to create a study group?
    It's easy, just create a P2PU account and follow the prompts.
  • Got a question about P2PU?
    Have a look at our FAQ, if the answer is not there, just ask it!
  • Join the P2PU Discussion List
    To participate in ongoing discussions about P2PU, sign up here
  • Dying to just hack?
    Have a look at the Contributing to Lernanta group on the beta site
    Submit a bug on the tracker
    Contribute to the code at Github
  • This (and all P2PU mailings) are licensed under CC BY-SA. Please feel free to translate it and share it with your friends!