Webnographic research on Open Educational Practices / Collaboration on publication

Stefanie Panke

Aug 8, 2011, 8:05:56 AM8/8/11
to P2PU-research
Hello!
My research goal is to understand open learning as a social pracitce
in the context of specific communities. Similar ethnographic studies
have been done by Bonnie Nardi on World of Warcraft or danah boyd on
youthful digital identity creation. I will apply a loose set of
qualitative research strategies as informal interviews, observation
and field notes, in-depth interviews. Basically, I want to bring out
the learners' perspective and individual approaches to open online
learning.
As a first step, I am currently choosing field sites and topics I am
ready to learn about ;-)
Also, I am working on the theoretical background for OER. To get a
grip on that one, I am writing an article in the Special Issue of
ELEA: http://www.wwwords.co.uk/elea/pdf/ELEA-Call-for-Papers-OPEN-RESOURCES.pdf
If anyone would like to jump on the waggon, I can post the abstract
here!
Best,
Stefanie