P2PU Weekly Update - 28 May 2011

Rebecca Kahn

May 28, 2011, 7:42:29 AM5/28/11
to p2pu-co...@googlegroups.com, p2pu-a...@googlegroups.com, p2pu...@googlegroups.com, p2pu-researches

Welcome to this week's P2PU Weekly update. This is our way of filling you in on all the news about our site development,  new study groups and courses, and general P2PU news, once a week, straight to your inbox.

  • We're migrating very soon!
    That's right. By June, we will have migrated completely to our new site, currently in beta-status on new.p2pu.org To facilitate this, we have disabled the ability to create new courses and profiles on the old site. Do not fear though - if you are using the old site to run your course, you are free to continue doing so, until you're all done. Then we'll help migrate you over.
  • But how does it work?
    For more information about the new site, and details on how to create an account, how the migration works and where to find help, have a look at this blog post. Those of you who have an account should also be receiving an email with the same information in it really soon.

In the meantime, take a look at the Help Desk group on the new site for answers to any questions you may have, and regular updates about the new site's features.

Have a look at some of the amazing Schools at P2PU:

  • School of Social Innovation
    Are you looking to make a difference in your community and the world? Are you interested in developing the skills and network necessary to do so? The School of Social Innovation (SoSI) is a partnership between Citizen Circles and P2PU to help small groups who want to create their own courses on social innovation and share them openly with the world.
  • School of the Mathematical Future
    School of the Mathematical Future is organized by Natural Math family learning network, Math 2.0 interest group, and P2PU. We are building an open learning environment for mathematics educators working in diverse communities and networks. Our classes are open and free.
  • School of Webcraft
    Mozilla
    and P2PU are creating the School of Webcraft, a powerful new way to learn and teach web developer skills. Our goal is to offer learning opportunities and certification that help people build open web careers. Webcraft courses are  100% free, online and globally accessible and peer-driven: learning is powered entirely by people like you.

New groups have been created - can you help develop them?

There are some great new topics under development on the new site. These groups still need tasks, resources and learning plans outlined before they can be opened for sign-up.  If you'd like to help get these groups get ready, please contact the group's organiser.

Get Involved:

  • Do you want to create a study group?
    It's easy, just create a P2PU account and follow the prompts.
  • Got a question about P2PU?
    Have a look at our FAQ, if the answer is not there, just ask it!
  • Join the P2PU Discussion List
    To participate in ongoing discussions about P2PU, sign up here
  • Dying to just hack?
    Have a look at the Contributing to Lernanta group on the beta site
    Submit a bug on the tracker
    Contribute to the code at Github
  • This (and all P2PU mailings) are licensed under CC BY-SA. Please feel free to translate it and share it with your friends!