rapid innovation of p2pu?

Philipp Schmidt

Mar 19, 2009, 5:04:48 AM3/19/09
to p2pu-d...@googlegroups.com
There are lots of interesting technology projects one could think of
in the context of P2PU. If anyone out there is interested in pitching
something that would make sense in the context of P2PU to JISC for
funding, we'd like to talk to you!

--

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2009/03/309ricall.aspx

JISC invites institutions to submit funding proposals for grants to
fund technical rapid innovation projects addressing priority areas.

Proposals are sought under the following priority areas:

* Mashups of open data
* Aggregating tags and feeds
* Semantic web/ linked data
* Data search
* Visualisation
* Personalisation
* Mobile Technologies
* Lightweight Shared Infrastructure Services
* User Interface Design

Bids for projects dealing with other areas that are relevant to the
Information Environment are also welcomed.

Funding of between £15,000 - £40,000 for 6 month projects for up to 30
projects is available

The deadline for receipt of proposals in response to this call is 12
noon on Wednesday 22 April 2009.

Funding is available for projects starting in early-mid June 2009 for
6 months. All projects must be complete by 30 November 2009.

Alleycat1

Apr 2, 2009, 9:36:33 PM4/2/09
to P2PU Discuss
Dear Phillip,
I finally got in. I am looking around at your site and am wanting to
add my expertise (where possible). I run a site for courses on line.
No, I haven´t had much success with the courses as e learning is a new
(er) concept in Mexico. I am currently working with two or three co-
workers towards building a similar concept to P2P University. I am in
the midst of building a "showroom" on how Moodle works. If you are
interested, I will gladly take you on a tour. Just contact me at
wadem...@yahoo.com, or coord...@ioccidental.com. I think you
might want to consider moodle. I am no expert on computer matters,
but I have learned a lot and can vouch for its reliability. My moodle
system has not yet crashed in a year and a half of light to medium
use.
Thanks
Wade Alley
Guadalajara Mexico