2 Weeks Down - what we've been up to in Berlin

Rebecca Kahn

Jul 13, 2012, 9:51:38 AM7/13/12
to p2pu-co...@googlegroups.com, p2pu-a...@googlegroups.com
How do we compress 2 full weeks of talking, building, learning, eating, drinking, coding, drawing, laughing and generally having-fun-while-getting-things done into one update? Well, we can't. So, for all you good P2PUers out there, here is the first missive from the Berlin massive - a small sample of some of the stuff we've been doing in the big brick building in Neukölln which we're calling home...
There will be more, very very soon.

From Chris
Chris is P2PU's deceptively softly-spoken sysadmin and frontend developer. Don't be fooled - the man handles harddrive crashes with poise and grace, and configures dev environments with panache. Check out his update about how it is now about 120 kajillion times easier to contribute to Lernanta here

From João
João flew all the way from Brazil, which definitely gives him P2PU Frequent Flier status. He's the UX master who is working like a machine to create a better-looking P2PU which will make for better interactions among peers, and help all P2PU users make smart friends. We all need smart friends. You can see what he's been up to, and take a look at his spectacular diagramme of What is Behind P2PU Learning here

From Jane
Openness is one of the founding principles of P2PU, and we were delighted when our good friends at Creative Commons joined with us to create the School of Open, a one-stop-shop for anyone who wants to learn about openness and what that might mean in the big bad digital world. We'll be working at building the foundations of this school while we're in Berlin - take a look at the plans here

From Niels
P2PU likes to make people happy. Good food, in our experience = happiness. Therefore, it was essential that we take care of the food aspect of this month's Berlin residency as a matter of priority. Thank goodness, then, for Niels, not just a guy with great hair and a mean poker player but also a talented and generous cook. He's making sure our tummies are full, so we can think about Peer Learning. His popup imbiss, Bei Niels opened this week - read all about it here

From Dirk
P2PU the site (as opposed to P2PU the community) is getting better and better at telling people things. We suspect that soon it will start bossing all of us around. If so, then the man responsible for bringing the beast to life is Dirk. Have a look at his post on how the notifications have been improved here