This release purposely breaks compatibility in order to manage the
changes BIP16 will bring, but also includes some other useful protocol
changes. It's also the first release posted here that includes the new
graphing implementation, which works on Windows (screenshot:
* Require users to be running a BIP16-compatible bitcoind (0.6.0rc4 or
higher, or luke-jr's 0.5.4 backport). 0.6.0.rc4 is available at
* New graph implementation (works on Windows!) with per-miner graphs.
Go to http://127.0.0.1:9332/static once installed to view.
* The "script" bad output script bug will be fixed on the changeover
on April 1st.
* Shares include a "version vote" that lets clients display a warning
when an upgrade will soon be required.
* Shares contain the hash of their 100th parent share which could let
a challenge/response protocol be implemented to verify that nodes are
friendly and not just spamming you with shares.
* Shares contain a merkle branch so P2Pool's unique merged mining
method could be used by other chains without any additional overhead
on the Bitcoin blockchain.
According to gathered statistics, ~39% of P2Pool's hashing power has
not upgraded. Please help by alerting anyone not aware of the need to
Graph of upgrade data: http://u.forre.st/u/htovpljv/unupgraded.png
Bitcoin 0.6.0 downloads:
P2Pool 0.10.3 for Windows: http://u.forre.st/u/jtjrvlxm/p2pool_win32_0.10.3.zip
Sure, here, the top post mentions it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0