authors we know

Leela

Jan 30, 2009, 9:08:58 AM1/30/09
to ozymandias
This thread is for listing authors we know well enough to ask to
participate in an anthology project.

Adam Lowe

Jan 31, 2009, 6:56:24 PM1/31/09
to ozyma...@googlegroups.com
Jeff VanderMeer
Rhys Hughes
Steve Redwood
Michael Moorcock
Justina Robson
Kay Sexton
Allen Ashley (vaguely)
Andrew Hook

It depends how 'big' you think big is. With the exception of three, none have big name publishers, although the rest are pretty well recognised/established writers in the small press scene.

--
Regards

Adam Lowe

Features Editor
Bent [http://mag.bent.com]
Editor-in-Chief
Polluto [http://www.polluto.com]
Publisher/Editor
Dog Horn Publishing [http://www.doghornpublishing.com]

Mobile: +44 (0) 7906 242 232
Office: +44 (0) 113 279 3573

If you would like to stop receiving these emails, please reply with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject.

Bear aka HNU

Feb 1, 2009, 11:29:01 AM2/1/09
to ozymandias
Jeff VanderMeer
Jeff Carlson
John Scalzi - although I have no idea if he'll bite (busy as he is),
but it's worth a try anyway
Cory Doctorow
Jack Dann - worth a try, again
I've worked with all of them and they are all wonderful people.
I could also try with:
KJ Bishop
Hal Duncan
Ian R. MacLeod

Adam Lowe

Feb 1, 2009, 1:36:13 PM2/1/09
to ozyma...@googlegroups.com
I've been in touch a couple of times with Caitlin R. Kiernan too, but she's finishing off a novel, so may be too busy.

Adam Lowe

Feb 1, 2009, 1:36:37 PM2/1/09
to ozyma...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and Janrae Frank of Flashing Swords.

Jeremy H. Griffith

Feb 1, 2009, 9:07:28 PM2/1/09
to ozyma...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:08:58 -0800 (PST), Leela <ell...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>This thread is for listing authors we know well enough to ask to
>participate in an anthology project.

In alphabetical order, know some better than others:

Kathleen Goonan (already asked her to look at Ozymandias)
Syne Mitchell
Katherine Neville
Pamela Sargent
Kristine Smith