Alpha 4 release of new OWF 8 now available

Robert Antonucci

Mar 5, 2013, 9:28:06 AM3/5/13
to ozoneplatfo...@googlegroups.com

OWF is in its second month of a 6 month refactoring effort and plan to put out alpha releases every two weeks.

We’ve completed our fourth sprint.  Source code is available via GitHub or a distribution bundle is available via a link on the Platform page at https://www.owfgoss.org/platform.html.  OWF8 still does not implement full round trip functionality from user to database and back, but using dummy data and stubbed functionality we added the following features:

  • Can now switch between existing dashboards
  • The dashboard designer now assigns layouts to panes

Other less visible accomplishments this sprint implementing the underlying javascript communication mechanism that all widget APIs will use.

The download package includes a README.md which details how to run the software and how to see the new features.

Robert Antonucci
Ozone Widget Framework