Fwd: ozoneplatform + OWF Alpha Release 2 available

Tina

Jan 31, 2013, 7:28:54 PM1/31/13
to ozoneplatfo...@googlegroups.com

OWF has started its 6 month refactoring effort and will be putting out alpha releases every two weeks.

We’ve now completed our second sprint, which is available via a link on the Platform page at https://www.owfgoss.org/platform.html.  Much more work to do before you start to recognize OWF again, but here’s what you’ll see in this alpha:

·       The dashboard now shows two widgets (both with backdrops of ‘an awesome widget’) that are each draggable, can activate, minimize, maximize, and close.  These are available in a task bar at the bottom of the dashboard.  You’ll also see a toolbar at the top of the dashboard, as we’re starting to rough in some of the container that surrounds the dashboard.  That toolbar is starting to pull in information from our backing REST services.

·       In the underlying implementation, we’re beginning to wire up the Javascript client with a our new REST services, to prove out the architectural flow.  All data that comes back is currently stubbed.

·       More work is going on in feature branches that aren’t yet visible, including the earliest work on the dashboard designer and iterations of roughing in the domain model used to power the application.  So, lots bubbling beyond even what you can see.

To run the software, follow the instructions in the README.md file included in the zip.

We anticipate having code visible on github before the next alpha release in two weeks.

Tina Coleman